The department has initiated the concept of projects at undergraduate level and every year we are continuing the projects for all three year students to inculcate research attitude. The lab is well equipped and we can proudly say that ours is one of the best labs in the twin cities. Every year a good number of students are pursuing higher studies in reputed universities. Bio Technology It is a relatively new and fast-developing field that integrates knowledge from several traditional sciences: Biochemistry, Chemistry, Genetics, and Microbiology. For this reason, an initiative was taken to have faculty members from various disciplines in the department.
Objectives of our Department are as follows:
- To develop a strong foundation in fundamentals of Botany & Biotechnology for scientific understanding and promote scientific literacy among students.
- Knowledge acquired to be applied for socio-economic growth and benefit of the society.
- To empower them with life skills through effective guidance and counselling.
- To promote research culture for self and to benefit the society in large.
- To equip them with moral values & ethics.