The Commerce Department is one of the largest departments in the Institution providing quality education. It offers B.Com (Gen) and B.Com (Comp) . The department is driven by considerations of quality, well qualified and committed faculty and is ever-ready to design innovative instructional methodology. The Sujatha College of the Commerce Department engages the students in various academic and cognitive activities like Seminars, Group Discussions, Debates, Role Play sessions, Case Study Analysis, Quiz, and Skit both at the intra and inter-collegiate level. Entrepreneurship Awareness and Development programmes are arranged in collaboration with external agencies. Many students are recruited through the campus placements and placed in reputed organizations. The department has the distinction of securing above 90% pass percentage consistently from its inception affiliated colleges of Osmania University.
Objectives of our Department are as follows:
- To build a strong foundation of knowledge in different areas of Commerce
- To develop the skill of applying concepts and techniques used in Commerce
- To develop an attitude for working effectively and efficiently in a business environment
- To communicate effectively and professionally
- To integrate knowledge, skill and attitude that will sustain an environment of learning and creativity among the students
- To expose students about entrepreneurship
- To enable a student to be capable of making decisions at personal and professional level
- To appreciate the benefits of experiential learning by displaying good work habits, time management and self-discipline.
To appreciate the benefits of experiential learning by displaying good work habits, time management and self-discipline.